This Policy has been drafted in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, rules and regulations but not limited to General Data Protection Regulation, 2018 (“GDPR”), the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures And Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“IT Rules”), collectively referred to as “Data Protection Laws”.
1. Information covered by this policy
Some of our Platform’s functionality may be used without revealing any personal information, though for availing certain features or services related to the Programs, providing personal information may be required. If you do not use these specific features or services on the Platform, then the only information we collect will be “Non-Personal Information” (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify you). Non-Personal Information includes information like the web pages that you have viewed. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Platform, you may need to submit “Personally Identifiable Information” (i.e., information that can be used to identify you). You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Cedro. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Platform, the information you receive when using the Platform, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address and contact number should be kept valid because these are the primary channels through which we communicate with you.
2. Collection of Information
We receive and store through our Platform, or through third-party platforms being used by us, the information such as:
As Provided By You:
- Account/Profile Data: Your name, gender, age, date of birth, postal address, email address, contact number, social security or tax identification numbers, login credentials (in the case of registered users), educational qualification(s),salary information, working goals, post-qualification experience, and photographs.;
- Comments, photos, videos and other content or information you choose to publish in conjunction with the Services or otherwise share with us
- Information that you provide to us when you sign up for information updates or Programs, interact with other users or share content publicly, sending messages to other users or instructors, participate in our public forums, avail our chat room services, participate in online or offline events, and/or receive other services on or through our Platform or through any of Cedro’s or its Educational Partners’ offline activities.
- Social media: any social media linkages made by you;
- Education Content Data: When you access content on the Platform, Cedro or its Educational Partners and third-party service providers, may, for instance, collect certain information from you in connection with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the online course. For example, as part of a proctored exam for a course, Cedro (or its third-party service providers) may collect certain Personally Identifiable Information from you in order to (a) verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you, such as a signature for a test or an assignment log, a photograph or a recording of you (e.g., using a webcam) or information included on a photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable test rules or requirements (e.g., confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Cedro may also collect information from you or about your performance or your accomplishments, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments.
- Certain other information like your choice to provide further information pertaining to preferences, account settings, reviews, ratings, or any other information provided to us through our service, or elsewhere.
- Other than this, we do not collect any of your financial information, and all payments are processed by third-party payment gateway providers.
As Collected Automatically by Us:
- Usage Data: Usage statistics about your activity on the Platform and interaction with the Services, which would include your search history, content accessed, your search inputs, features used, services or products viewed over the Platform, visits and the time stamps;
- Technical Data: Device IDs and other unique identifiers like IP address, browser type, version, network service provider details. Device and software characteristics including types and configurations, connection information, statistics on page views;
- Your interactions with our customer support via various support channels like e-mails, messages; phone call; chat;
- Service support and transaction history;
- Information collected by cookies, and other technologies, also including advertisement data, etc.
- Location Data: An approximate geographic location calculated based on your IP address
Information Collected from Third Parties:
- Information from connected social media platforms and similar services.
3. Use of Information Collected by Us:
Use of your Personal Information and Other Data
We use your personal information solely to provide our Services to you. We also use your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) together with other Personally Non-Identifiable Information (non – PII) to help us better understand our users and to improve the content and functionality of our site.
We use your information to perform the following functions and offer you enhanced Services:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate participation in educational content, issue completion certificates, display customized content, and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for educational content, products, specific services, information, or features;
- Process payments in respect of the Services/Programs, including payments to instructors and other third parties;
- Process your registration, and provide you with your login account details;
- Perform analytics and customer research, to improve our service, including the user experience and the interface;
- To offer you certain types of services, free trials, and other applicable offers basing on your eligibility.
- Send you updates about the Programs, other Cedro events, platform maintenance or new services provided by Cedro, among other things, through itself or through third parties, via email, SMS, phone call or any other medium (which you can opt out of at any time).
- Customize content, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the Services, including by retaining your user preferences or presenting content in the most effective manner for the browser or device you use to access the Services;
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers and/or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers
To the extent any Personally Identifiable Information collected by us contains images of you, you grant Cedro a limited, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, distribute, or prepare derivative works of or publicly display such images and/or your likeness in relation to the Program or for marketing purposes. We may use your photograph along with employer information, testimonials, transition information, designation change, etc., for Ads/and or social media posts to highlight our learners’ achievements.
4. Sharing of Information
While the Platform is the recipient of your personal information, we may allow access to third party vendors who we engage with to provide you with our enhanced Services.
We also engage various service providers to perform services on behalf of us enabling us to provide you services better. Such services may include, billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, couriers, mentoring, product content and features development, communications, advertising, infrastructure and IT, payment gateways processing payments, customer support, data analytics, conducting customer surveys, etc.
We may share the information that we collect from you with the particular Educational Partner (e.g., a university or a company) that developed or offered the Program you are taking; the instructor(s) who taught, managed or otherwise oversaw the Program; external graders who will be assessing your performance; or mentors who will be supporting students.
Employers, Sponsors and Scholarship Providers:
If you are taking a Program that is sponsored or paid for by your employer or a sponsor, or if you have availed a scholarship from a third-party scholarship provider, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information and grades, evaluations or progress in the Program with your employer/sponsor/scholarship provider. This information may be shared at any time during the Program or afterwards.
It is our constant endeavor to ensure that such service providers adhere to a similar standard of data protection and security that we have agreed to under this Policy. At times, when we offer promotional offers in collaboration with third party entities, we will not be responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party entities.
“Aggregated Data” means records that have been stripped of Personally Identifying Information and that have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information are not available in Aggregated Data. We may combine your personal information on an anonymous basis with other information to generate Aggregated Data for internal and commercial use, and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners for planning and marketing purposes.
We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring.
We may be required to disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or our service providers reasonably believe that there exists the need to disclose to
- Meet or satisfy any applicable law, regulation, governmental request, or, legal process;
- Address and investigate any illegal activities, which may also include financial frauds, any security or technical issues;
- Protect itself against any harm, misuse, of the property or safety of Cedro, its users and the public, as required or permitted by law.
5. Interaction with third party platforms
6. Safety and Security
We understand that we must safeguard your personal information available with us. We use and employ reasonable technical, organizational, logical, physical, administrative measures to protect your personal information against any unauthorized access, modification, or, use.
7. Your Rights and Your Preferences
8. Cross Border Transfers
9. Modification or Deletion of information
The users are allowed to modify any information given on the services by sending us an email at email@example.com in case editing option is not available in your account. The user may also place request to delete any non-compulsory information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to our services. In jurisdictions, where the age of majority is older than 18, in such case, you must satisfy such requirement to become a member. Any individual under the age of 18 utilizing the service, may do so only with the strict involvement, supervision and approval of a parent or a legal guardian.
11. Cookies and Advertising
We may allow third-party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, Quora and Bing) to place cookies on our website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display Ads and record your activities, so they can show Ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These cookies store information about the content you are browsing, together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.
12. Changes to this Policy
13. Contact Us